The Los Flores Education Center is set to open this fall in the Bellflower Unified School District as a new homeschool / public school alternative education program. The program is open to homeschoolers from Kindergarten through 6th grade on the site of an old elementary school.
The program is intended as a full-service, no cost option for homechooling parents, with revenue coming to the school district with enrollment of the homeschool children as independent students.
The Las Flores Educational Center will offer two programs for homeschoolers:
- a classic independent study model that allows students and parents to meet with a teacher at the center each month to review curriculum and check progress
- a core model that allows students to spend three full days a week in center’ classrooms
Both programs offer:
- parent workshops
- partnership with a credentialed teacher
- state standardized testing
- family field trips
- curriculum based on state standard
- a parent/students resource room
All students will also have the option of participating in weekly enrichment activities that can include visual and performing arts, music programs, physical education classes and other events.
The Los Flores Educational Center is located at 16703 S. Clark Ave., Bellflower, CA 90706 (phone 562-866-9011)
Learn more at: busd.k12.ca.us/homeEducation.htm